Texas Burger - Burger Disappointment

Price: $
Cravingness: ★☆☆☆☆

In the past months, there has been more exciting cozy restaurants opening in Tin Hau, I have put a few on my to try list, including Texas Burger which I was invited to try today. I asked a few of my friends and got positive feedback and so I went.


Texas Burger was packed the night I went. The restaurant is extremely cramped that there is literally no room set between tables. I accidentally knocked down (without myself knowing) the drink of my neighbouring table when I was trying to squeeze through the tiny gap between the tables to my seat. Or am I too fat to eat in here? Anyhow the dinning room has quite a lovely furnish and filled with happy energetic vibe. I also like the red LED lights on their brick wall, setting the mood right for the dining room.


The menu is the paper table mat, printed in both Chinese and English for easy reading. The price point is very affordable with snacks priced starting at HKD33 , burger at HKD66 , combos at HKD100 , milkshakes at HKD43 etc. After you have decided the food and drink options, you have to order at the cashier, which is a total disaster as you have to go through the whole squeezing between table thing again. Since they have already seated us, why not also help with order taking?



After a short wait the Garlic and Parmesan Fries - HKD48 arrived and we were both amazed by how heavenly tasty this bucket of fries was! I have not had this crazily crispy crusted fries for a long time, and the combined flavour of garlic and Parmesan was just too addicting. Not to mention the delicious honey mustard dipping sauce! We carried much expectation to our other dishes, without knowing we already had the best dish tonight.


Next we tried the US Buffalo Wings - HKD64 which came in four pieces with celery sticks and blue cheese sauce. The wings were almost cold when we had our first bite and the skin was totally soggy.


Just as we were thinking nothing could go wrong with grilled corn, Texas Burger had we proved wrong by serving us a pretty flavourless Mexican Corn-on-cob - HKD42. If you don't have the spices right, at least sources us some sweet corns please.


There are four milkshakes available on the menu, but the particular two milkshakes that we want were both not available tonight... I ended up ordering Trilogy of Chocolate - HKD49, which was a blend of chocolate ice-cream, mint jelly, chocolate syrup, explosive chocolate candy and oreo cookies. This was quite nice to taste.


We ordered the new Smoked Cheddar Cheese Burger - HKD83 and added bacon to it. You only need to pay HKD10 for any additional ingredients such as fried egg, bacon, avocado etc, which is quite a bargain I would say. We didn't order a burger combo, as we had ordered the garlic and parmesan fries earlier.


First off, the burger bun, quite nicely toasted to give a crunchy crust and soft inner. The bun was not particularly sweet, quite a mediocre bun overall. The burger patty was extremely disappointing. It was weakly seasoned and carried none beef flavour. The texture was all the way soft, probably putting too much meat tenderiser, and hence the patty fell apart easily. The smoked cheddar cheese was not smoky at all. The onion was well caramelised and probably was the best part on this burger. The burger assembly was bad, the toppings slid easily between the bun, making it quite hard to enjoy the burger.



A rather disappointing dinner at Texas Burger tonight I would say. There are much improvements to be seen, starting from service, down to food quality. As I suggested earlier on, a staff should be allocated to taking order simply because the restaurant is small and you don't want customers walking around while the waiter is serving food. Second, delivery of food should be prompt. Many of our food arrived cold. Thirdly, spices, spices, spices! Don't be afraid with the sauces and spices, play around with it. Lastly but the most important item of all is the burger quality. Texas burger seriously needs another recipe for their beef patty, if not burger lovers will not be satisfy.


Rating
Food - ★☆☆☆☆
Service - ★☆☆☆☆
Ambience - ★★★☆☆
Overall - ★☆☆☆☆


Texas Burger
Address (E) G/F, 109 Electric Road, Tin Hau, Hong Kong
Address (C) 香港天后電氣道109號地舖
☏ 2805 7811
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun: 12nn - 10pm
Reservation Available? Yes
Walk In Possible? Yes
Bill Per Person (Dinner inc. Beverages) - $


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I feel you. I was actually a regular customer of Texas Burgers before and then there was an incident that led me to hate them. I would not want to talk about it here, anyway. That's indeed really disappointing. I've found my new burger home at Double D Burger. Have you tried them before? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariette, not yet but I have heard so much about it already. How do you like it?

      Delete