Cafe R & C - Cute 3D Kitty Latte Art

Price: $
Cravingness: ★★★☆☆

If you are a Facebook or Instagram user, you must have seen this cute cup of beverage at least once. It is either from Allegretto in Taim Sha Tsui or Cafe R&C in Causeway Bay. These two cafes are always packed and has long queue due to this signature cup of cappuccino, especially over the weekends. One might easily wait over an hour for this cup of coffee. I went Cafe R&C for dinner on a weekday and luckily there was no one waiting.


Hungry as I was, I needed some carbs in me. The pasta choices all sounded delcious, but I opted for Scallop In Lemon Pesto Sauce - HKD105 as scallop obviously outwon all the other pasta ingredients.


Just like the picture on the menu shown, there was only one scallop sitting on top of the spaghetti. Rather stingy but since this scallop was huge, I forgave them. The lemon pesto spaghetti surprised me by having lemon zest shavings on top of the spaghetti which made it stronger in flavour but fortunately also bitter as well. The spaghetti was cooked al dente and the pesto sauce was at perfect amount just enough to coat the spaghetti. The only complain here would be the pesto sauce which was rather bland in flavour.


I originally wanted to order the infamous Monster Inc. Mike or Boo latte, but after knowing they have no caffeine In it, I immediately decided to go for their another signature Cappuccino - HKD40 with 3D animal latte art instead. The waiter asked if I would like cat or bear design for my cappuccino, and as a cat lover as I am, I chose cat latte art without a second thought.


The cappuccino took quite a while to serve but the timing was perfect as it arrived right as I finished my pasta. The 3D cat latte art is the cutest thing I have seen on a cappuccino! The cappuccino itself was very easy to drink but was way too milky for me. (For those who know me, I am more a espresso or Americano kind of person.) This cup was superb cute that it definitely worths all the hype!

Rating
Food - ★★★☆☆
Service - ★★★☆☆
Ambience - ★★☆☆☆
Overall - ★★★☆☆

Cafe R&C
Address (E) G/F, 22-24 Haven Street, Causeway Bay
Address (C) 香港銅鑼灣希雲街22-24號地舖
☏ 2890 9838
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun: 10am - 10pm
Reservation Available? No
Walk In Possible? Yes
Bill Per Person (Dinner inc. Beverages) - $ $150 or below
Website: https://www.facebook.com/cafernc


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I never seen 3-D latte arts like that. Wish I could try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes really cute. There are more and more of these cafes now! come to HK!

      Delete