85 South - Here Comes The Smokey Bird

Price: $$
Cravingness: ★★★★

I always go to 85 South whenever I have a barbecue crave. 85 South is consistent in their smoking technique which means it is pretty much assured that your meats are well seasoned and smoked. I missed their smoked turkey last year, so when I know they are smoking the bird again this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was ecstatically happy. If you passed by 85 South in the coming weeks, I am sure you would be killed by the heavenly smokiness escaped from their kitchen!


I have heard from lots of foodies in Hong Kong making comments that they have never tried succulent turkey in Hong Kong. If you feel the same, good for you as 85 South's bird will definitely surprise you! Be prepared for juicy, tender and flavourful turkey!


If you love 85 South's pulled pork which I am personally obessed with, you wil be dying to try their turkey because they use the secret brine for their pulled pork to marinate their 16lbs bird overnight! They also smoked the bird under hickory woods chips which totally explains the hint of sweetness and smokiness on the bird's skin!


The bird, Mama Mia, was incredibly herby that I could not withdrawn myself but asked what else was in the marination. Turned out the herbiness was from the rice stuffings. The stuffing is called Filthy Rice which is a combination of sausage, onions and herbs. Dawn this filthy rice was tasty! I think I might had too many bowls of it that night.


As a result of their slow cooking method, the bird itself was utterly tender and juicy, even the white meats! Now we know no one has to fight for the dark meat at 85 South. Peaceful dinner it is.



When there is turkey, there will be delicious sides! 85 South offers two sides, the Baked Bean Casserole and Mashed Potatoes for the festive seasons. The Baked Bean Casserole was one legit beans that I kept pouring it over my Filthy Rice. If you were allowed to get only 1 side, this wil be it. The mashed potatoes was okay, it was overly buttery for my liking.



If you want to get some bird for this year's Thanksgiving or Christmas, 85 South's delicious bird is priced at HKD1500 with stuffing and gravy. If you want sides, it will be HKD2000 for the turkey with stuffing, gravy and three signature 85 South Trays. One signature tray at 85 South costs HKD200, so big saving if you opt for the sides deal! Make sure you order 48hours in advance for the bird. Also 85 South currently only offers pick up service, so sorry no delivery.

Happy Thanksgiving Peeps =)



Rating
Food - ★★★★★
Service - ★★★☆☆
Ambience - ★★★☆☆
Overall - ★★★★☆


85 South
Address (E) 6-10 Kau U Fong, Central, Hong Kong
Address (C) 香港中環九如坊6-10號
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun: 11am - 11pm
Reservation Available? No
Walk In Possible? Yes
Price Range: $$


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment