Bouchon - Great Place + Great Food

Price: $$$$
Cravingness: ★★★★☆

Bouchon, the French Bistro on Elgin Street, has always been on my to try list. Finally I went last Saturaday to celebrate my friends' birthday. We went in as a big group of 10, we got seated in the indoor bar table area since it was raining outside. We had an amazing time at Bouchon, and we all love it there.


Bouchon is like a little Paris in soho with charming interior. It is furnished in deep wood, black and white tiled floors with antique frames photos and wine bottles on the wall. The soft yellow lighting creates a cosy ambience to the restaurant, along with their amiable staffs, this place is a gem! Their outdoor courtyard is beautiful, if it was not raining, we would have dined there.


We started with a few appetisers to share. The Cuisse de Grenouille (Sauteed Frog Leg, HKD118) was amazing! The frog legs were utterly tender and flavourful with the parsley and garlic sauce. The Escargots de Bourgogne (Snail, HKD128/1dz) was another enticing dish. The pairing herb butter was too addicting that we literally cleared the plate with the complimentary house foccacia. I also tried a spoon of my friend's Soupe a I'oignon (Onion Soup, HKD78) but was not really impressed. The broth tasted rather shallow.




Moule à la Marinière - HKD298/1kg
HF's dish. Lovely dish with flavourful white wine broth and loads of sweet mussels. Once again, loads of house foccacia was consumed here, to finish the yummy broth.


Entrecôtec Café de Paris - HKD278/12oz
I used to be a duck confit girl but recently I had this big crave on steak frites. Plus seeing Entrecôtec Café de Paris reminds me of the Café de Paris in Geneva, Paris, which I did not have the chance to visit when I was in Paris. I just need to have this.


The rib eye here was alright, it was tender but not flavourful nor charred enough. The Matchstick Fries was something that I had never had before! It was extremely crisp. I chose the Café de Paris butter to go with my steak, it was very creamy, rich and herby. I was contended with the dish but this definitely was not a wow dish. I reckon La Vache's version is better.


We didn't try dessert here but we had a fun birthday cakes cutting time. Overall, everyone is happy with the dinner and that is what matters the most!


Rating
Food - ★★★★☆
Service - ★★★★★
Ambience - ★★★★★
Overall - ★★★★☆


Bouchon Bistro Francais
Address (E) G/F, 49 Elgin Street, Soho, Central, Hong Kong
Address (C) 中環蘇豪伊利近街49號地下
2525 9300
Opening Hour for Dining: Mon - Sun: 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 11pm
Reservation Available? Yes. Recommended
Walk In Possible? Yes
Bill Per Person (Dinner inc Beverages) - HKD500
Website: http://www.diningconcepts.com/bouchon


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! Would have loved to see pictures of the courtyard, always looking for a nice outdoor spot to enjoy HK's warm weather. ~ Nikita, Brand Intern at http://www.secretingredient.com.hk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikita,

      I didn't bring my camera that day, so couldn't manage to take a pic of the courtyard! I will post it back next time:)

      Delete