[Paris] Ladurée - Tea like a Parisian

$$
★★★★☆



Who would visit Paris without going to Ladurée? Even Hong Kong has an oversea branch of Ladurée now, there is no tearoom like in Paris. There are several tearooms in Paris and Ladurée tearoom at 16 rue Royal is Ladurée's first Parisian tearoom in Paris.



Let's talk a bit about the history of the founding of Ladurée. Back in 1862 when Ladurée was founded, the current tearoom at 16 rue Royal was originally a Bakery opened by Louis Ernest Ladurée. Later in 1871 a fire led the bakery into a cake shop. The cake shop was designed by Jules Cheret, a famous poster design back in the days. she was inspired by the pictorial techniques used for the ceilings of the Sixtibe Chapel and the Opera Garnier. Later during the Second Empire, with the influences of Cafes, Louis Ernest Ladurée's Wife Jeanne Souchard later created a mixed culture and creating the now famous Ladurée tearoom.


The tearoom I went today was not the 1st tearoom located at Royal but the one located at Bonaparte. I love the whole setting of this tearoom, I love the wallpaper, the wooden table, the colourful sofa as well as the sofisticated beach-like chair. I was actually surprised to see that many Chinese element were put into the tearooms. Like how the cashier was set up and the slogan board in the room. Unlike Café de Flore's uncomfy sofa, it is very comfy to be in this tearoom. I can spent hours here.



I was still pretty full from the hot chocolate at Cafe de Flore, but there is no way I am not having the hot chocolate in Ladurée (even I will visit here again in April lol.) I also ordered an egg benedict in Ladurée style and was interested to know what it meant.

Chocolat Chaud Ladurée 6.50€

The hot chocolate in Laduree was thick, rich and milky. When compared to the one in Cafe de Flore, it is thicker, more milky and less sweet. I like Ladurée's hot chocolate more. :)


Euf à la coque (Soft Boiled Egg) 3.80€

Remember I said I order Egg Benedits in Ladurée Style? I have to be totally honest here, when the dish was served on my table, my first thought was wtf. Later I found out they had taken the wrong order and gave me a soft boiled egg instead....


The egg was extremely delicate so I was very scared that it will break on my hand. I got it nicely sit on the stand in the end. As expected, the egg was nicely done with runny yolk and white. The yolk was very creamy and sweet in taste. I added some salt and pepper to it to go with the toasted bread sticks. I was kind of disappointed about how soggy the toasted sticks were though. I mean given the look, it should not be soggy, right?



I was not allowed to take any pictures at the cake shop area, but it was filled with macarons, cakes, pastries, chocolates. and tea products. Laduée are doing some Easter Specials, but they are very pricey. I think I will get an easter egg of below before I leave the city.

Picture of the cake shop overview, from Laduree website


Signature macaron tower that cannot be missed.


Ladurée Bonaparte
21 rue Bonaparte - 75006 Paris 巴黎
☏ 01 44 07 64 87
Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Satuday from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Sunday and holidays from 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Amount Paid: 10.70€





No comments:

Post a Comment