Quartet Cookies 曲奇四重奏 - Best Palmier in HK

★★★★★ 
$

I am going to kick start my 2013 blog post with a short view on my favourite cookie shop - Quartet Cookies. To be exact, it is their buttery and flaky palmier that I am crazy for.


A side story from Quartet Cookies, I want to talk about Jenny's Bakery for a bit. During the Chinese New Year, people (especially people from China) were mad crazy about getting Jenny's Bakery for gifts. Somehow Jenny's Bakery appears to them that it is the best food souvenir to get in Hong Kong. I heard there was a crazy period where there was absolutely no way for people to buy cookies from Jenny's Bakery and that they have made enough money to take a few months off. Anyway, my point was that my family got a few of Quartet palmier as gifts for my relatives.


I usually get the palmier in a tin box priced at HKD$ 118. It is better to get it in a tin as it could last longer. I didn't count how many pieces there are in the tin, but enough to last for a week. There is also another box set with assorted palmier, but I hate them all. Hence, I would only recommend the original flavoured palmier.

You could probably guess from the glossy golden yellow look that the palmier was extremely flaky, it was also very buttery as well. Although it was buttery, the palmier was very light on the palette since it was flaky! The palmier was so yummy that you could not stop but indulge one after another. Quartet Cookies was by far offers the best palmier in Hong Kong, let me know your favourite as well!

Quartet Cookies
Shop 1, G/F., Yan Wo Yuet Building, No. 432-436 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay,
Tel : 2382 2827
Opening Hours: 11:00 - 21:00 (Mon - Sun)

Palmier 蝴蝶酥
A product catalogue inside the tin for your further reading.



Please don't forget to like my facebook fan page 
♥ Click to go to Food Craver's Facebook Fan Page 



1 comment: