[Paris] Café de Flore - The Touristy Cafe

Price: $$
Cravingness: ★★★☆☆1/2

As said to be one of the most touristy spot, Café de Flore is one that I could not missed in Paris. It was praised by visitors for its ambient atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food. The weather was actually very nice the day I landed, but still it's 5ºC so I picked an indoor seating, if not I will definitely sit outside.


Greeted by the warmest smile at the front door, the cafe is actually very casual. You were asked to take whichever table that is vacant. This probably would be awful if I came at a time when the place is full. The staff were all very well dressed in a classy waiter uniform. I found them checked themselves out at the mirror from time to time, I guess that's the bad thing when the cafe has too many mirrors around lol.


The menu was pretty difficult to read as its all in French, but I managed to find the coffee and croissant page which serves me good, since I planned to go to Laduree after this.


Hot Chocolate 6.80€

Hot chocolate came promptly on a silver plate. How thoughtful they are to serve in a glass of water too. I picked up the tissue thingy on the cup and wondered what it was used for. Once I picked up the stainless steel jug containing the chocolate, I realised it is used as a heat insulator for the jug's handle!



The chocolate was rich, sweet and flavourful. The texture was at alright thickness, better than the waterdown ones in Hong Kong but not as thick as the hot chocolate that I had in Barcelona or the ones in Vero Chocolates in Hong Kong. It was still a nice cup under the cold though. I asked for some cream to go with my hot chocolate and they charged me 1.50€ for it, such skimpy.




Croissant au beurre 6.80€

Another interesting encounter was that the pastries were brought to you in a tray on the table. You got to pick the croissant yourself and later he will come back to get the tray back. Interesting isn't it. The croissant was much bigger than the ones I had in Hong Kong. The texture was very flaky on the outside but soft on the inside. It was better than most of the croissant in Hong Kong but was not buttery enough.




With in my 45 minutes visit, the cafe was fully occupied with people speaking different languages, Chinese, Korean, etc. I wouldn't think Cafe de flore is a nice spot to mingle with girls, because the sofa seat is a bit too tall or the table is too short. Perhaps the al fresco area would be better? At least you can spend the day admiring the city view.






Café de Flore
172,boulevard Saint Germain, 75006 Paris 巴黎
☏ 01 45 48 55 26
Opening Hours: Opens Daily 7am - 2am



View Larger Map


Follow this blog on:


No comments:

Post a Comment