Passion by Gerald Dubois - Alright Breakfast, Bad cakes

$
★★☆☆☆


Breakfast set of croissant/ pain au chocolat with coffee is available at HKD$ 39. I didnt read the sign carefully and ordered Banana et Chocolat Danish with a cup of coffee, ended up paying HKD$ 59 for my breakfast, Meh.




The Banana et Chocolat Danish was topped with toasted almond and finished with a sprinkle of powered sugar. The almond aroma was not strong. The Danish was a bit on the soft side, prob due to the banana filling inside. It wasn't flakey either, so I was a bit disappointed. Taste wise was good though, the sliced banana went well with the chocolate.

The Coffee is from illy. If you dine in, there will be a complimentary biscotti to go with your coffee. (But I heard if you come in busy hours, there won't be one?)


The setup of the patisserie is very partisan, both the door front and the interior looks like the ones in Paris. There is a section of rattan baskets holding freshly baked croissant, danish and bread for take away, a counter window displays of pastries and an further inner section for salad, quiche and sandwiches. If you are coming for breakfast, the breads at the baskets section usually sold out at 930am, but there are more at the counter, so just ask the staff.

Despite the good ambiance, the Service was actually bad. The ordering system was pretty messy, some customer ordered at the counter frontier, and some ordered at the cashoer. some staff, especially the counter ones, put on a mean look. One smashed up my cupcake's frosting and pretended nothing had happened and handed me back the cupcake in a paper bag. I requested another one and the staff gave me attitude, I was like wtf. Anyhow, the cupcake tasted real bad with frosting like crayon. I guess I will just have pastry take away next time.

The pretty cupcake that the staff smashed.... :(

The texture was just like clay.....and tasted like shortening!!!



Passion by Gerald Dubois
Shop 1, G/F, Fraser Suites, 74-80 Johnston Road, Wan Chai
☏ 2529-1311
Opening Hours: Everyday 8am - 9pm

Amount Spent: HKD$ 60 per person (Breakfast)



No comments:

Post a Comment