A FUN Styling Experience at airplay blow dry bar

We all want our hair to be perfect every day, but it is hard to wake up early in the morning to style them. Airplay blow dry bar is the one and only blow dry bar in Hong Kong that offers only blow drying and hair styling services, just the way you want. No trimming, colouring or bleaching can be found here, but a cute atmosphere, professional stylist, several confectioneries, a few glasses of sparkling Rosé and the perfect hair style and makeup that you want.


My hair is long, flat, straight and quite boring. I have always wanted to perm it but my hair is already damaged from previous colouring. I tried to curl my hair from time to time, but my hair is very straight and heavy, so the curls did not retain long which is very frustrating. Styling my hair is also a pain in the ass as my hair is very silky and slippery, it might looks good when it's straight, but styling my hair is hard. Yet airplay blow dry mastered my hair. Let me show you my before and after picture so to get you interested =)


Back to the airplay blow dry bar, it is located at 7/F of W Place at Wyndham street where Opera Gallery is. It is right opposite to LKF hotel. Given its prime location, it is now easy to have the perfect hair for all occasions from dinner dates, parties, clubbing to everyday hair just to please yourself.


Airplay blow dry bar is a sleek and cute salon with princess style mirrors hanging on the wall. The salon is spacious and open.


The most interesting thing I found at airplay blow dry bar that is also very different from all other hair salons in Hong Kong was that there is no mirror stood in front of your seat. The manager said most people was oo busy checking themselves in the mirror, but they want their customer to enjoy the overall experience. To chill, relax and get a pleasant surprise at the end of the treatment.


Drink is served right after you take you seat. I chose to enjoy a glass of Rosé champagne. you can also pick wine, juices or soft drinks!


Loads of sweet treats were given to indulge in. There were chocolates, dried grapes and gummy bears. I had a few of the chocolates before I took this shot. Guess I couldn't resist!


Magazine options are vast and updated. Typical magazines such as Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Vogue are available here at airplay blow dry bar.


Menu is rather simple and straightforward here at airplay blow dry bar. Basically you pay HKD280 for a hair blowout or hair updo with shampoo. The blowout are cocktail inspired and are categorised into four main types: Sea breeze for airy, wavy hair; Mojito for playful, tropical curls; Long island iced tea for straight, silky smooth hair; Sake bomb for short but sweet hair. If you are looking for a fun look, you can try Singapore sling for exotic fishtail braid or Sidecar for classy side-braids. Airplay blow dry bar also has an iPad of different hairstyle for your reference, or you can bring along a photo of the hair style that you want. 


So here comes the exciting part. A tray of shot like glasses was placed in front of you, but they are shampoos! The shampoos differ by their fragrant and function. From left starts with Blackberry for strengthen, Ginger and Sun Flower both for moisturising, Jasmine for color stay and protection, Green tea for oil or greasy hair and to create volume, and lastly the mild and sulphate free Organic for delicate hair.


A vast range of hair products are available here. Airplay blow dry bar also uses the Moroccan oil that I love. Behind the arrays of hair products are the cosmetic tools for girls who also opt for makeup services.


So after picking up your hair style and shampoo, next is the shampooing itself.


The shampoo bar is very different to the ones at any hair salon. There aren't any inclines seats but some normal single seated sofas! Interesting but I found the arc where you rest your neck a bit uncomfy here.



While I was sipping my Rosé and reading a magazine, the stylist had finished my hair! My hair style is called Waterfall. The stylist blow dried my hair, curled my whole hair and braided this beautiful hair style within 15 minutes. If you want this hairstyle, you can book my stylist Heti, she has got some magical hands!


I was given this cute mirror to check the back of my hair out.


If you want to try Airplay blow dry, you can drag your friends along for an even more fun experience. Airplay blow dry bar has a nice package of 6 blowouts or updos that only costs HKD1000! Saying you are having 6 glasses of Rosé in those 6 treatments and each glass costs HKD100. You are only paying HKD400 for 6 hair dos! How crazily cheap is that?


If you decide to be a regular, they have a topup deal as well. Check their website to know more.


Despite having your hair and makeup done, you can also host your party here at airport blow dry bar! i think the place would be great for pre-bridal shower party! Have your hair and makeup perfectly done and head down to party!



airplay blow dry bar
Address (E) 7/f, w place, 52 wyndham st., central, Hong Kong
Address (C) 香港中環中環雲咸街52號 W Place 7/F
☏ 2641 9888
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 10am - 9pm, Sun: 11am - 6pm
Reservation Available? Yes
Walk In Possible? Possible but Call and Check.
Website: http://www.airplaybar.com/


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER

1 comment: