[Nha Trang] Phở Hồng - The Best Vermicelli

Price: $
Cravingness: ★★★★☆

After my pool training of my Open Water Diving Course, I asked my instructor, who is a local Vietnamese from Nha Trang, where to have good pho in Nha Trang and he recommended Pho Hong. Hungry as I was, I immediately grabbed my boyfriend and headed to Pho Hong by Taxi. When I handed the taxi driver the paper with the name Pho Hong on it, he immediately knew where to go. It seems Quán Phở Hồng is pretty famous in Nha Tang.


Pho Hong was actually not too far away from Sailing Club, if you have a map on hand, it is pretty easy to walk there. Pho Hong is located at the corner of the road. With a sharp billboard, You can spot the place easily from afar.



The menu at Pho Hong is simple, there are only two options - big bowl or small bowl golf pho.


Pho Hong's table also has the standard condiments which includes lime, chilli peppers, fish sauce, seafood sauce, chilli sauce and garlic. Bean sprouts and veggies were offered after we made our order.




Despite Hung que (Vietnamese Basil) and ngo gai (Culantro), Pho Hong offers lettuce too!


I spotted a kettle sat beside the sauce tray and I first thought it was water. I poured it on the empty glass on the tray and found that it was the lemongrass water that was served at the hotel. This tea was also iced! How lovely it was to have a glass of icy lemon grass water with hot pho in this hot weather!


The pho broth at Pho Hong was delicious! The broth was more northern style and hence tasted very different from Hong Giang (Click here to check the review of Hong Giang, which serves Nha Trang style Pho). It was not as sweet but was more flavours, much more powerful and bold. You can compare the photos between the two shops, Pho Hong's broth is much darker in colour.



What's the best at Pho Hong was not the broth but the vermicelli! It was by far the best vermicelli I had in my entire life. It was thin and had a lovely chewiness with it! It held a bit of the broth everytime I slurp the vermicelli.


Pho Hong's vermicelli was really amazing! We came back again before our last night for another bowl. I can't explain more, you just have to try it yourself! Make sure you spare a morning or an afternoon and pay a visit to Pho Hang when you are at Nha Trang!


Rating
Food - ★★★★☆
Service - ★★★☆☆
Ambience - ★★★☆☆
Overall - ★★★★☆


Quán Phở Hồng
Address (E) 40 Lê Thánh Tôn., Nha Trang, Vietnam


Date of Dining: 17 Feb 2014
Bill in Total (Dinner inc alc) - VDN85,000 (HKD32.50)
Bill Per Person (Dinner inc. alc) - VDN45,000 (HKD17.50)


Follow this blog on:
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment