Ted's Lookout - Delicious Tacos

Price: $$
Cravingness: ★★★★☆

I had been trying to date friends to Ted's lookout but without success in the past few months. Not until my birthday month hit and I finally got a say in dining option.


The mere reason I wanted to bring my friends to Ted's lookout is because of its fun vibe and most importantly its attractive free corkage since they had not got the alcohol license yet. As I mentioned earlier we finally went for dinner, but we were stupid enough not to check if the free corkage still applies upon reservation. (plus there is no reservation now -_-, my lovely friends..) You could have possibly guess by now, Ted's lookout already got their alcohol license and there is no free corkage anymore! (Sob sob!)


Ted's lookout is located at the end of Moon street, Wanchai. From google map, it is pretty close to Star street, but somehow we spent quite some time finding it. If you head the right way, you will see a huge illuminating sign saying "Ted's Lookout"


The ambiance at Ted's Lookout is lively, it feels more like a bar than a restaurant. Why? Because they have a two face printed drink menu and a food menu with 1 and a half filled with alcoholic drinks. As said the food choice was limited, basically you can order everything on the menu if you come in a big group.


Buffalo Wing Lollipops - HKD88
I didn't read lollipops when I ordered my buffalo wings, so I was a bit amazed to see a bony wing. Having said that, the wing was AMAZING! It was tangy and flavourful! It tasted extra yummy with the homemade sauce served at side! I wish to have more!


Taco Platter - HKD158
We were indecisive on the tacos and decided to order the taco platter which has Mexican Chorizo, Beef Carnivas, Signature Fish and Grilled Tiger Prawns.


I didn't know which taco is which so I just picked randomly. Turned out I had the Beef Carnivas and Signature Fish. Both the tacos were extremely scrumptious with soft floury tacos, juicy meats, savoury sauce and spices!

Cajun Potato Wedges - HKD68
The big fat potato wedges were a super moreish snack! The wedges itself were savoury with Cajun spices and tasted extremely yummy with the mayo sauce served at the side. A dish not to be missed!


T.J. baked Macaroni & Cheese -HKD88
I am not a big fan of mac 'n cheese but this mac 'n cheese was a bomb! Don't be deceived by the utterly cheesy look, the mac 'n cheese was not heavy at all. It was creamy, mildly cheesy and tangy with a spicy note. I would expect this kind of baked macaroni would be too soft but surprising it was cooked al dente.


The food at Ted's lookout is very decent and the ambiance is lively and fun, but the place is small with limited large tables. Small group dining is recommended at Ted's lookout, but if you are coming for a drink, you could just grab a drink and stand on the street!


Rating
Food - ★★★★
Service - ★★★☆
Ambience - ★★★★
Overall - ★★★★


Ted's Lookout
Map G/F, Moonful Court, 17A Moon Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
香港灣仔月街17A號月豐閣地下
☏ 2520 0076
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun: 12pm - 11pm
Reservation Available?: No
Walk In Possible?:  Yes


The Bill
Total - HKD443 (HKD110 p.p)
Date of Dinning: 12 Oct 2013


Follow this blog on:

No comments:

Post a Comment