豪華咖啡茶廳

My colleagues brought me to have Hong Kong version All Day Breakfast this afternoon. I got a bit excited and curious about what they meant by HK version ADB, so I packed my stuffs and left office immediately. The restaurant was a bit distant from our office, but luckily we did not need to wait for seating.

Luxury Coffee Chaa Chan Ten was a very old fashioned Chaa Chan Ten, simple circular wooden table and circular stool. No fancy menu, just simple black words on yellow background paper which got laminated. A stainless steel bucket containing dozens of orange plastic chopsticks. Order receipt was just the roughest grey paper with quality even worse than toilet paper, while cashier was just a simple table with a drawer to deposit the money. Food choices were limited, ranged from different kinds of noodles to different kinds of toast or bread. Although it did not have the furnishing and diversions of food choices as of what Tsui Wah can offers, this is what we love about old fashioned Chaa Chan Ten.

Toasted Corn Beef Egg Toast
1) Satay Beef Noodles $14

So I finally realized what my colleague's ADB meant by, noodles and toast. The bowl of noodle was delivered very promptly. The soup base looked normal, bit once you mixed the sauce thoroughly, the whole bowl turned into yummy brown satay sauce. The satay sauce was very rich and tasty. It wasn't spicy at all. Most of the beefs were tender and easily chewable. Despite some typical beef slices, there were also some beef pieces in the bowl! The noodles however were rather soft. The bowl was average but the satay sauce was good!

2) Toasted Corn Beef Egg Toast $10 ($9 + $1 for toasted)
Everyone was ordering an extra toast, so I reckon I should order one too. Corn Beef is always my favourite, so I decided to try one in Luxury Coffee. This toast took longer than all the other toasts my colleagues ordered. I bet it's because they had to fry it before serving it? The corn beef toast was a bit thin in thickness. The egg was not those fluffy ones, it was pan fried together with the corn beef, so the egg was pretty dried up. It did not taste as nice as I thought it would be, which is pretty disappointing, as I thought corn beef toast was something easy to make. If you love corn beef toast, I highly recommend Tsui Wah's ones, it was by far the best I have tasted.

Everyone around me ordered different kinds of thick toasts which looked extremely nice! Most of the toast were thickly sliced, except those that goes with egg(or those $10 ones lol). The thick sliced toast were just $6-8 each, may be I should give it a try next time!


豪華咖啡茶廳
226 Johnston Road,
Wan Chai
2574-3069
05:00-19:00(Mon-Sun)
Date of Dinning: 19 July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment