Sakura Street | Might Not Be Doraemon's Favourite

I had two movie preview tickets of Predators for free, so I went to Kornhill Plaza straight after work. I felt really hungry, so I went to Sakura Street (櫻みち) to buy a dorayaki(銅鑼焼) as light snack before dinner. They were doing a special promotion on dorayaki, selling at $10 for a chosen flavour. Strawberry and Cream was the promotion item of the night.


The Strawberry and Cream Dorayaki consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of the strawberry and cream paste. The pancakes was very soft to touch, light to taste and good to smell. It feels like a very light sponge on your palate.


The pastry cream was very smooth and light. Although it is a strawberry and cream flavor, the whole dorayaki was mostly filled with cream. I could only taste the strawberry paste filling after I had 3/4 of my dorayaki. The strawherry filling was disappointing. The fruit was cut in half, was frozen and not fresh at all. I personally reckon they should at least spread more strawberry paste across the doriyaki to give a richer taste. All in all. paying at a price of $10, this could be considered as a satisfying snack.




Sakura Street 櫻みち
L004, Jusco, Kornhill Plaza, 1 Kornhill Road, Quarry Bay
☏ 2567-0888
Date of Dinning: 8 July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment