Cova | Cakes & Coffee

After an early lunch, my friend and I wanted to grab a drink and so we went to Cova. The Cova in Wtc was significantly smaller than the Cova in Lee garden, there was only 7 tables in the store if I could remember clearly. We didn't go to Lee Garden's because it was raining heavily yesterday night.


We ordered a two people cake set at $198. The set included one gelato, two pieces of cake and two drinks. The gelato flavours was preset to flavour of the day, and we had Hazelnuts for the night. For cakes, you could select any two flavours you like from the cake fridge. For drinks, we have regular coffee and Irish coffee.


Gelato - The hazelnut gelato had a strong touch of hazelnut flavour. The texture was really smooth. The gelato came cold but melted rather quickly.

Cakes - The cake was in pathetic size, it was the original size sliced in half. We ordered Oats Cake and Mango Cake. The Mango Cake was delicious. It had layers of cream and pastries with fresh mango bits in between them. Each mouch bite had a strong mango flavour. The cream was smooth and light. The cake was slightly on the sweet side, but was perfect to pair with the coffee.

The Oats Cake had two full layers of Oats covering the surface and the base. It thus had a strong taste of Oats, like eating your cereal breakfast in the morning. It was only slightly sweet, but gave an impression of an healthy and tasty cake. The texture was very interesting and might not be something likable depends on personal taste. The texture was extremely thick and rich, something like the texture of oatmeal which was cooked with a light amount of milk to create a thick texture. One of my friends commented the texture was like vomit. Well, personally, I like it.


I am no expert in coffee, but I think the Coffee in Cova tasted very nice. I usually add cream to coffee only, but the regular coffee tasted great even without cream. It was not bitter at all. Another thing I want to mention is the chocolate plate on top of the ice-cream and the strawberries. I usually hate eating the chocolate plate as they usually tasted horrible. Since I was in Cova, I figured may be I should try it. It turned out to be quite nice! It was not at all bitter, around 70% I guess.

Generally my experience in Cova was nice, but don't you think the cake slices in the cake set was a bit too small even for two people?



Cova
Shop G011-G012 , World Trade Centre, 280 Gloucester Road
☏ 2895-2368
08:00-22:30(Mon-Sun)
Date of Dining: 28 July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment