円山菓寮 - Rice Crackers


This is bought from a gourmet basement of a department store in Japan, sold at approximately HKD$60. I originally bought this box of rice crackers as souvenir for my coworkers, but left it at home for a week after my japan trip. Seeing no reason to bring it back, I opened up the box and tried some out myself.


Circular Rice Bubbles

This box of rice crackers did not look very appetising with those dark brown and yellow crackers, fortunately these three coloured circular shaped rice crackers save the piece. The rice crackers were very sweet. The sweet crispy rice crackers were mainly rice bubbles wrapped around by a ring of coloured sweets. The taste of the ringed sweets were like the tubular cane sugar of the Chinese snack called Shallot Candy Cake(糖蔥餅). The green coating was in green tea flavoured, but I had difficulties in distinguishing the other two's flavour, I bet the white one was sesame, as there were some sesame bits on it lol.


Yellow Rice Crackers

These rice crackers except tasting slightly sweet, had no difference from the normal rice crackers, which had a roasted tasted.



Brown Rice Crackers

These rice crackers were extremely sweet and had the taste of brown sugar. It was the worst of the three.



Follow this blog on:

No comments:

Post a Comment