Heavenly Chocolixir - Godiva Dark Chocolate Decadence

After playing around in the Snoopy Park under the hot sun, I was desperate to get a freezing cold drink. Remembering there is a Godiva Shop around, I couldn't wait to go and get a drink there.


Having heard of how great the drink is, I chose a safe option of Dark Chocolate Decadence out of raspberry, white chocolate and a new flavour, green tea white chocolate. I was a bit scared of trying green tea white chocolate flavour after having the new Kit Kat Chocolate a while ago, and its shocking sweetness are still making a great impact on me. Upon ordering, I requested using skimmed milk instead of full fat milk to blend my chocolate drink, and surprisingly, GODIVA doesn't provide that healthier choice at all! I understand how full fat milk can make everything taste better, but chocolate, full fat milk and whip cream? I wasn't so sure. Anyhow, I would not take away the whip cream as the chocolixir looks better with one lol.

The Dark Chocolate Decadency, with full fat milk, is exceptionally good, with a heavenly touch of dark chocolate flavour with several crushed bits of chocolate among every sip. The texture is pretty thick with strong dark chocolate taste, Although using dark chocolate, I do not find it bitter at all, just simply mildly sweet. The drink is so moreish that I finished the whole bottle in a blink of an eye. After 5 minutes, I felt extremely full as if I have drunk a whole bottle of full fat milk, or may be I did. A $42 dollar drink was then totally absorbed into my body, changing into energy or may be fat. Quite a pathetic expensive yet heavenly tasted drink.

Another bothering fact is that Godiva at Shatin only provides two tables, each with 3 chairs to dine in, which is very so obviously not enough for their customer to fully enjoy their drink, sitting cosily in a comfortable place. Even additional chair to 4 chairs table would probably make a difference, at least it could fit in 2 couples.

For the sake of the company and us, I highly recommend Godiva to launch a size option and a fat free milk option asap. Also, may be adding on a few more seats might aid Godiva in transforming into a starbucks-to-be, if it wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment