紀文 | The Smallest Deep Fried Prawn Ever...

My friend and I decided to have our lunch in Shatin’s food court as we could discuss and plan our coming up Japan trip in the open seating area. The food court was very squished that it was pretty hard to find a spot to sit on. What's good about the food cout is that cleaning ladies were very efficient in cleaning up the tables.

I went around the food court, trying to find some less oily food. There weren’t much choice available in the food court, mostly fried food. Later I found 紀文 and judging by the food models on its display, I decided to give it a try. I ordered Deep Fried Prawn Curry Rice.


I was a bit disappointed that everything was premade in 紀文, yet what could you expect in a food court? The speed of the food delivery was fast. I was standing at the counter and saw them taking hot rice from the rice plot to my bow, pouring curry sauce from a variety of sauce pot and picking up prawn tempura from somewhere else. When my dish was put on the tray, I was amazed by how small the prawn could be.


The two little deep fried prawn was at similar size to your index finger! Short and thin, it was pathetic to look at. You could compare its size with the side potatoes from the photo. The prawn was crispy on the outside but was too tiny to give any prawn taste, not to mention any contentment at all.

Curry was nothing really special, no spiciness, normal sweetness. Potatoes were very soft, a bit too soft that it melted too quickly in your mouth without giving much mouth feel. The best part of the dish might be the red pickles which the restaurant could buy them anywhere else Or may be the free tea that went along with the dish?

To conclude, this restaurant does not worth a try.

3/F, New Town Plaza Phase 3,
18 Sha Tin Centre Street,
Sha Tin

No comments:

Post a Comment