Si Sun - Nice Local Hamburger Restaurant


Prive: $
Cravingness: ★★★★★

This day I went back from China through Lowu and decided to pay a visit to Si Sun Fast Food Restaurant. Luckily there wasn't any queue when I arrived at the restaurant and there were some seats available for dinning in. As squash as usual, I made my way to a seat in between madly in loved couple and energetic students.

I decided to have a light lunch so I could have some egg pancakes around the corner later on. I went to the old spot to order my food but did not realize they have now got a reception for food ordering. Embarrassed as I was, I ordered a Cheese & Egg Hamburger with tomato sauce. I got my tag and the food was served fast.

The Hamburger had such an appetizing look, but I had to hold my drooling as I had to snap a few photos before enjoying it. The bun was slightly toasted to give a light crusty texture but was mostly soft. I love the drizzling sesame on top of the bun. The cheese was warm but had no intention in melting. Disappointing but understandable as the whole burger would not be baked in an oven.

The patty was not particularly thick, but at least double of what Mc Donald's offers. The texture was quite tender and very juicy. Upon having a few bites, the patty's juice would be all over the place, sliding down from your hand to your waist and along your forearm. Be prepared to get messy while having this burger. The patty was freshly made and gave a strong seasoned beef tasted which was nice to munch on.


The Sun Fried Egg on the other hand was just an average, nothing really special about it. It would be better if it could be fried one sided so the egg york was just halfly done when served.

Si Sun is a very nice fast food restaurant that could offer you the environment for local culture experiencing. The squeezy table seating, the fast delivery of food, freshly made hamburgers, TV at the corner, nostalgic menus sticking on the wall with promotional advertisements hanging alongside. Laughter was everywhere, Burger lovers were enjoying their burger messily and workers were craving their lunch sets hastily. Not sure if it would be the right spot for foreigners to experience the HK culture, but definitely a must try for the locally born Chinese.





Si Sun Fast Food
G/F, 1A Whampoa Street, 
Hung Hom
2362-1279
06:00-21:00(Mon-Sun)

No comments:

Post a Comment